Downey Personal Injury Attorneys
Recover maximum compensation with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Downey, CA.
Whether you are dealing with the aftermath of a traffic accident, suffering after a workplace accident, or grieving while preparing a wrongful death case, Promenade Accident Attorneys can help.
With years of experience and developing a winning success rate, we’ll work hard to get you the best settlement possible. Contact our Downey personal injury lawyers to schedule a free consultation and meet our talented team.
The Most Common Personal Injury Claims
According to the CDC, about 39 million people need medical attention to treat a personal injury every year.
Accidental injuries are also the third leading cause of death in the United States. Many people seek out a Downey personal injury lawyer in these types of personal injury cases. Some of the most common personal injury claims include the following:
- Auto accident claims – the most common type of personal injury claim filed due to auto-related traffic accidents
- Slip and fall accidents – this injury can cause permanent injuries and affect your ability to live and work
- Medical malpractice – negligence from medical professionals like doctors and nurses
- Workplace accidents – employees who are injured on the job due to their employers not providing a safe work environment
Injuries in a Personal Injury Accident
Because a personal injury accident can occur anywhere and at any time, the severity of each accident will vary.
The most common types of personal injuries include both physical and emotional damage.
The harm can be either long-term or short-term but equally devastating. Various catastrophic injuries, such as bone breaks/fractures, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, or joint/tissue damage may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Surviving a serious injury can have major psychological effects on victims. PTSD or mental anguish can often result. In most cases, surviving victims or their family members can take legal action and file a personal injury claim against the liable party. However, if the accident occurred in Downey, CA, the statute of limitations only permits two years to pursue legal action.
How Much a Personal Injury Claim Is Worth
Since there is a considerable range of the different types of personal injury claims, the amount you can expect to get in compensation can vary to a large degree.
Your Downey personal injury attorney can investigate your particular accident. After, it can be determined how much your case is worth.
When it comes to the factors associated with the monetary value of a claim, there are a number of areas you can be compensated for. For instance, lost wages, current and future medical bills, and pain and suffering are all considered when estimating a claim’s value.
However, other factors are also essential to consider. For example, permanent physical injuries, psychological trauma, and personal property damage will also be taken into consideration when negotiating a fair and full settlement.
What to Do After Experiencing a Personal Injury
With so many scenarios that fall under a personal injury, determining the correct course of action for your case can be challenging.
However, there are a few standard steps to take immediately after the accident.
- Seek out medical treatment. You may be under the impression that you do not have any injuries, but you should see a physician regardless. In cases where the injury is severe, call an ambulance to ensure swift medical care can be provided.
- Speak with the police. Speak with the police about the accident. Call 911 and ask for a cop to come to the accident scene. The officers will file a report which will be vital for you and your attorney when the personal injury claim is filed.
- Document the scene. If possible, use your camera phone to take photos and videos of the area where the accident occurred. Also, take pictures of any visible injuries. This gives even more of an idea of what actually happened.
- Ask for contact information. Get phone numbers, names, insurance company info, licenses, and plate numbers from the other person who was in the accident. Also, collect contact information from any witnesses who saw what happened.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. You may think handling an accident claim on your own should be an easy process, but you'll run the risk of not getting full and fair recovery of your damages. Personal injury attorneys will protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Downey, CA
One of the most important decisions you can make following an accident is speaking with an accident attorney in Downey, CA.
However, if you’re questioning whether legal representation is needed, consider the benefits our personal injury lawyer will provide:
- Investigate your case and will know which type of evidence to collect
- Handle the claims process and legal paperwork avoiding mistakes and meeting deadlines
- No upfront fees and only receive payment after we win your case
- Negotiate a higher settlement
- Represent you if the case goes to litigation or trial
- Provide access to the best medical professionals in Downey
Reasons to Choose Promenade Accident Attorneys
When you require a Downey personal injury attorney, you want experts who provide the best services and have a proven track record of awarding clients fair and full compensation.
Promenade Accident Attorneys will fight to get you the best resolution. Our personal injury law firm works on a contingency basis – which means we do not get paid unless we win your case and receive compensation. We also offer a free consultation and are available to help around-the-clock. We’re dedicated to preserving our clients’ best interests, and we are confident we can help you with your personal injury case.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
When you need the best personal injury lawyer in Downey, CA, you can count on the team at Promenade Accident Attorneys. We offer a contingency payment structure, access to our team on a 24/7 basis, and a winning success rate you can make use of. Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation to learn more.