Truck Accident Attorney — Downey, CA
Truck accidents are becoming more common as time goes on. Make sure you're well represented by a trusted truck accident lawyer in Downey.
If you were involved in a car accident with a semi truck and suffered serious injuries as a result, your best course of action is to seek the services of a qualified truck accident lawyer in Downey, California to help you through the aftermath.
Promenade Accident Attorneys is here for you from the moment of the crash until you receive the compensation you deserve. We will provide you with a free consultation and then develop a customized plan based on the specifics of your case. Reach out to our team to learn more about your options.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
While every truck accident is different, many of them occur for the same reasons. The most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Speeding – Truck drivers that speed are more hazardous than speeding cars, as their size will prevent them from braking in time in case of emergency.
- Distracted Driving – Texting, eating, talking to passengers, or other activities that take your eyes off the road account for most car accidents.
- Aggressive Driving – Due to long stretches on the road, truckers may be privy to road rage. Tailgating, failing to yield the right of way, and following too close to other cars are common examples.
- Fatigued Driving – Tired drivers have trouble staying alert while driving. Driving while tired is not uncommon for a truck driver trying to meet tight deadlines.
- Bad Weather – Rain, ice, fog, snow, and wind all impact driving ability. It can cause a lack of control of a truck and result in multi-vehicle pile ups and serious injuries.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
If you are involved in a truck accident, you may not know what to do next. Based on information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, about 5,000 people die each year from collisions with large trucks.
This shows how serious the situation can be. In a situation where you experience a truck accident, follow the steps below:
- Ensure you’re safe. Unless you are seriously injured, move to the side of the road away from traffic. Only move yourself or your car if it is safe to do and will not harm anyone else.
- Call the police. Notify the authorities immediately for assistance. Relay how many people are involved in the accident, and the police will send ambulances if needed. They will also gather information, secure the scene, and make a police report.
- Record the scene. Take photos or videos of your vehicle and the truck collision as a whole. If you have injuries, document them. In addition, record the scene around you, such as any injuries, traffic signs, or weather conditions.
- Avoid admitting fault. When speaking to insurance providers or police, do not admit fault. Even if you think it might be your fault, a Downey truck accident attorney can determine that for you. Also, do not speak to other insurance adjusters. This will hurt your case.
- Seek out medical attention. Accept medical assistance at the scene, if available. Even if you don’t think you are injured, visit the hospital to be evaluated. Remember that some injuries are not apparent for hours or days after the event.
- Consult with a Downey truck accident attorney. Experienced truck accident lawyers can help you determine your best course of action. Choose a qualified legal team with a winning background to get the most out of your compensation.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
One of the most crucial things a Downey truck accident attorney can offer is helping to prove who is liable for the accident.
The best attorney will find any evidence that the other driver was responsible, so you can receive a settlement that takes into account what you have gone through. There are four fundamental factors in deciding liability:
- Duty of Care – All drivers have a duty of care to avoid harming others. That means each driver is responsible for other vehicles and people on the road. Therefore, drivers of passenger vehicles, motorcycles, rideshares (Uber/Lyft), and trucks should be cautious around all vehicles.
- Breach of Duty – This refers to a situation where someone on the road doesn’t meet the required level of care and risks the wellbeing of others. This could be exhibited when speeding or not following other traffic rules.
- Causation – Causation shows that the breach of duty caused the truck accident. Your accident attorney in Downey can help you determine whether this is the case. If you or a vehicle has been damaged based on breach of duty, you likely have a case.
- Damages – The harm that occurred and losses experienced can include physical injury, property damage, lost wages, emotional stress, and other types of harm.
What Makes Promenade Accident Attorneys Your Best Option
It’s important not to choose just any Downey accident attorney to represent you in a truck accident lawsuit.
Trucking companies have their own lawyers working in the best interests of the trucking company, which is why you want to be sure your lawyer is experienced, has a high win rate, and has worked with many truck accident cases similar to yours in the past. These are all things you’ll get from a Downey truck accident attorney at Promenade Accident Attorneys.
In addition to experience and a track record of winning, we also do not require payment upfront. We work on a contingency basis, so we only get paid if you are compensated for the accident. You’ll have time to focus on yourself and your recovery without worrying about extra expenses.
We also provide free consultations, and someone is available 24/7 to offer advice and information. Our award-winning team is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve after an accident. We can also help you access excellent medical providers who will ensure the best outcomes for your injuries.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
If you've been injured in a trucking accident, our Downey truck accident attorneys at Promenade Accident Attorneys are fully prepared to help accident victims with their truck accident claim.
We can be reached at any time of the day or night to schedule your free legal consultation. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, maintains a winning success rate, and consists of a team of personal injury lawyers who are ready to help you. Reach out to us today to learn more.