Finding a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
Bicycle Accidents in Downey, CA
The US has become more bike-friendly during the past few years, as the pandemic sparked a shift in how people conducted their everyday lives. From recreation to transportation, many Americans have drastically changed their cycling habits–particularly in California, where there is typically nice year-round riding weather.
While the bike culture trend has had a positive impact, there have been some setbacks. With more bicyclists on the roads, bike accidents resulting in injury occur on a frequent basis. In fact, approximately 11,000 bicyclists every year in California sustain injuries from a traffic accident.
Like car accidents, bike accidents are also very common, increasing the need for experienced personal injury lawyers to help them recover maximum compensation after an accident. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bike accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Assistance from a bike accident attorney can be greatly beneficial, but how do you narrow down which attorney to go with?
When thinking, “How do I find the most qualified bicycle accident lawyer near me?” in Downey, CA, consider these helpful tips.
Bicycle Accident Injuries Are Serious
Bicyclists often suffer serious injuries in an accident, and the more serious an accident is, the more valuable it will be. And, the more value a case holds, the more insurance companies will resist paying the full and fair compensation that is owed.
While compensation for medical bills accounts for the majority of personal injury settlements, other economic damages, as well as non-economic damages, can also be included in a successful settlement.
People who suffer bicycle accidents must demand that the at-fault party pay for the suffered losses. This includes all personal belongings, helmets, cell phones, and riding gear–not just the damaged bicycle. Other damages that are compensated in bike accident cases include:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
A personal injury lawyer with much experience in bicycle accident cases can identify all areas of loss. At Promenade Accident Attorneys, we specialize in bicycle accidents. Our personal injury attorneys have defended many bicycle accident cases and have been successful in obtaining fair compensation for our clients.
How to Find a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Finding the right bicycle accident lawyer can be difficult, especially when recovering from a serious injury. However, it is vital in order to recover maximum compensation. Here are some helpful and easy tips to locate the best bicycle accident attorney in your area.
- Utilize online review sites. Avvo, Lawyers.com, and Yelp provide comprehensive lists of the top-rated bike accident lawyers. The search can also be filtered according to city and county.
- Take notes. Document both perks and potential concerns about the bike accident attorneys that stand out the most. After a list is compiled, weigh the available options, prioritizing specific needs.
- Ask for referrals. Asking family members, friends, and co-workers for personal recommendations is widely beneficial. In some instances, an attorney that was discovered during research may have worked with a close acquaintance; if so, ask for a sincere review of the experience, both good and bad.
- Consult. Ensure a meeting is held with the top choices. During the consultation, confirm that the firm has worked on bicycle accident cases and has had success with them. While some attorneys specialize in “personal injury,” not all of them specialize in bike accidents.
- Be wary of guarantees. It will be tempting to select an attorney that promises the best results and the highest settlement amount. While an experienced attorney can certainly estimate a case’s value and outcome, there is no way of knowing the actual outcome, especially before any investigation on their side has been conducted.
During the Consultation with the Bike Accident Lawyer
Once a list of the top candidates for legal representation has been selected, set up a meeting with each. Some personal injury lawyers offer free consultations, making it more advantageous to meet with them.
Ask detailed questions and be bold. The goal is to verify that the lawyer does, in fact, meet all specific requirements and is capable of delivering a case win. Important questions to ask during the consultation are:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- Do you have experience with bicycle accident cases?
- How much do you believe my case is worth?
- How will you let me know the progress of my case?
- Do you have references from other clients similar to me?
At Promenade Accident Attorneys, we offer a 100% free and confidential case evaluation. During the consultation, our specialists will address all of your concerns and map out how we plan to deliver the best results.
The Top Qualities of a Downey Bike Accident Lawyer
When looking for a bicycle accident lawyer, there are some essential qualities that he or she should possess. At their core, attorneys should possess:
- Experience: Familiarity with applicable traffic laws, riding regulations, and common concerns surrounding bike accidents
- Negotiation skills: Understand the difficulties associated with bike accident injuries, therein able to effectively negotiate with insurance companies or the opposing party to secure the maximum compensation
- Communication: Clarify the legal complexities, especially when more than one party (including the victim) is at fault, and actively updates clients on case progress
- Knowledge: Professional understanding of personal injury law as it pertains to bike accident laws in California
- Compassion: Sincere interest in clients’ well-being and demonstrates genuine dedication to their recovery
Why Choose Promenade Accident Attorneys?
By considering the recommendations for finding expert representation, bike accident victims will improve their chances of winning their personal injury cases. We are Promenade Accident Attorneys, and we are the top personal injury attorneys in Downey, CA. Our reliable bicycle accident lawyer can effectively represent your case and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by a negligent party, contact us. The initial consultation is completely free, and we work on contingency.Call Now