Motorcycle Accident Lawyer — Downey, CA
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries from a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another motorist, you have the right to seek damages to recover from your accident and injuries.
Motorcycle accident claims can prove to be challenging, which is why hiring legal representation is still regarded as an injury victims' best chance at recovering the most from their claim. Our Downey motorcycle accident lawyers have years of experience and a winning track record. We'll fight to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
As a client of Promenade Accident Attorneys, you will have the experience and knowledge of a professional legal team on your side every step of the way until your case is settled. When you work with us, you can entrust us to handle all legal matters with your best interest in mind, so you can focus on recovering from your motorcycle accident.
For immediate assistance with your potential motorcycle accident case, call us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Downey motorcycle accident attorneys.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents occur regularly and can cause serious injuries and other types of damages.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that motorcyclists made up 14% of traffic deaths, and about 84,000 individuals on motorcycles were injured.
Every accident is unique and can result from a number of reasons. However, research has found that the most common causes of motorcycle crashes are due to:
- Cars turning left – Many fatal crashes involving motorcycles and motor vehicles occur in the driver’s blind spot while the car is turning left, ultimately colliding with the biker.
- Collisions – There is less protection on a motorcycle than while driving a traditional vehicle which enhances the likelihood of accidents.
- Road hazards – Some accidents occur due to railway tracks, gravel on pavement, and uneven road surfaces. Motorcycles are less stable and more likely to crash in these situations than cars.
- Lane splitting – Moving between lanes of traffic is another common cause of accidents. Most states no longer allow this activity. However, it is legal in California.
- Reckless behavior – Alcohol consumption, speeding, and not wearing a helmet are all dangerous riding behaviors that can lead to a motorcycle accident.
Common Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Injuries
Motorcycles can be dangerous to ride and can result in serious injuries. The most common types of injuries include the following:
- Breaks and Fractures – Approximately 30% of non-fatal motorcycle injuries involve the feet and legs. If not treated by a doctor, injuries could worsen or heal improperly, creating long-term disabilities.
- TBI – Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries can lead to chronic headaches, confusion, dizziness, and in the most severe cases, death. Wearing a helmet reduces the risk of death by 37% and the risk of head injury by 69%.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries – Damage to the spinal cord can permanently affect strength, sensation, and functionality to various parts of the body. Paralysis is a common health concern after a spine injury.
- Disfigurement and Scarring – Severe burns or lacerations can cause permanent scars on the face or to other parts of the body. Reconstructive surgery to improve cosmetic appearance may be needed for these types of injuries.
Wrongful Death – The worst outcome from a motorcycle accident is when a victim sustains a fatal injury. Various types of injuries can lead to a fatality. In the event of a wrongful death, a lawsuit can be filed by the family.
How Much a Motorcycle Accident Claim Is Worth
The amount of a claim will vary based on the specifics of the accident.
A Downey motorcycle accident attorney can assist you with determining what compensation is appropriate in your situation. Some of the factors that determine how much a claim is worth include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Permanent physical injuries
- Personal property damage
- Emotional damage
- Wrongful death
The Benefits of Hiring an Attorney
After an accident, it's essential to work with a Downey motorcycle accident lawyer.
The sooner you contact a lawyer, the easier it will be to gather evidence from the accident scene. The right attorney will also ensure you understand the process going forward and can assist you with filing a claim.
Many insurance companies will attempt to settle but provide you with a ridiculously small sum. Your personal injury attorney will also pursue financial compensation on your behalf in the handling of insurance company negotiations to make sure you're getting a fair and full settlement. And if a claim goes to trial, your attorney will handle litigation.
Why Promenade Accident Attorneys?
At Promenade Accident Attorneys, we put our clients first. You deserve a motorcycle accident lawyer in Downey who considers all your concerns.
One of the ways we do that is by operating on a contingency fee basis. If we cannot win your case, then you will not have to owe us anything.
We offer a free Downey motorcycle accident attorney consultation when you reach out to us. We'll talk to you about your case and what options are available. In addition, someone is available to speak with you 24/7.
Our award-winning law firm has a high success rate with cases like yours. We also have access to the best medical providers so you can be taken care of in the aftermath of an accident. You'll have the best personal injury attorney in Downey in your corner.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
If you've experienced a motorcycle injury in Downey, you need a team by your side who can help. Promenade Accident Attorneys are available 24/7 and provide free consultations. As soon as we establish a valid attorney-client relationship, you'll have the resources and expertise of a qualified lawyer ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.